I see and hear many people that say God empowers them. I’m mainly talking about Christianity because that is the religion I am most familiar with and hear this statement the most. But how is it that He empowers you? Is it mental, physical and how can it be proven? The answer is He doesn’t. Because to believe that He empowers you now or at some point means there was once a time that He didn’t. Many believe He empowers you and gives you a pleasant life when you are good to others or meet a certain Christian criteria. So how is it that there are many people who are happy that don’t believe in Him? There are many successful people who are not kind or who many would say don’t really meet Christian criteria. This is because God let’s you make the decision and suffer the consequences good or bad it is all about how YOU handle it. I am not denouncing that He can work miracles in sickness or unexplainable events but to say that God dictates your life is unrealistic. For if this was true wouldn’t every Christian be what he or she dreamed of being? Successful, happy, loved all of these things you dictate not God. Now I do believe God inserts unforeseen events to test you. Because if something is easy it holds no value. To be empowered you must pass His many tests. Not to prove it to him but to prove how strong you are to yourself. Isn’t this the way we teach knowledge? We get assigned a test from a teacher. If you do well you are empowered with the knowledge of that subject. When you pass a test from God you are empowered from the knowledge needed to pass it. God wants you to prove it to yourself that He has taught you a lesson from which you learned. This gives you the strength that if you work hard on the test he assigns you will pass and be given the knowledge of success, happiness and love.
The meaning of life. One sentence that ponders much thought. The interpretations vary greatly but few have answered. In my short existence I have wondered why I was put here. Who put me here, why am I the person I am? Although some of these questions are pointless since the answer would only lead to more questioning. I have always wondered why I have certain tendencies and noticed the differencing behavior of my peers. So with research and some concluding I believe in the Briggs-Meyer 16 personality test in which I took and was given the INFP personality type. Which in short means I do introverted thinking and do things on how I feel. This led me to question wether or not I could change the more negative traits that comes with this type. I’m a perfectionist of sorts (English not being one of them haha) and often very hard on myself. Through many hours of research and I have spent much time on trying to control my thoughts. I know this sounds ridiculous but have you ever wondered why you were mad or why it hurt so much during a break up with someone? Because you let it happen. Any emotional response you have isn’t random or out of control you let it happen. You might say I don’t know why that movie made me cry it just did. Well it triggered a subconscious response and you cried. So every time something is sad your body automatically has a response. But YOU allowed yourself to think of it as a sad event. Where am I getting with all of this? If you want to be happy YOU have to believe that all situations have more good than bad. How?! When life has many difficulties and lots of ppl whom can be hard to deal with. Well that’s part of it if it was easy a lot of ppl would be happy. But as I said the good news is YOU are in control. If I don’t take things personally I don’t trigger an angry or irrational emotional response. This is obviously harder than it seems but all great things are hard and given only to the few willing to take on the challenge. This is very brief but I challenge you to personal development and understand the purpose of life is to be happy and push yourself for if there were no challenges then people would have no satisfaction of reaching their goal. The reason people resent those who are fit and in shape is that it requires work, strict habit and constant attention. So too should your personal growth as a person. Money, love, friends, and success can leave as quickly as it came. True happiness stays with you and spills out onto others. That is the meaning of life for everyone has this capability but yet how often do you meet these people?
In America it seems that your career and your assets are what defines you not your actions. It is rarely ones actions towards others that get mentioned before ones career. We pass so much judgement on others based on their career choice. For instances most people with minimum wage jobs aren’t as respected as much as educational required jobs. Instead of taking each person for how they are we as a society try to “label” and catogrize people. The society of the future is one that no longer cares about its peers. We should want to help our family, friends, community, state, country, and world. Your job defines your career and your life defines your legacy. What will your legacy be?
It is a known fact that everyone wants to be successful. We all want to have that great job or be good at our favorite sport. Although admirable are these true ideas of success? I believe everyone’s idea of success is different but everyone that has achieved their idea of success had help. It is not something someone does by them self. We all have help on the way. Look at any professional athlete and they have had a mentor push them to become the best that they could. Folks we are not in this game of life by ourself. You will always need someone to help you reach your potential. My advice is if you help others in becoming successful one day someone will come along and do the same for you. Our success should be something that benefits our family, friends, people whom we care about.
Five ways to becoming a more positive and happier person
1) Forgive others as often as you can. Many times I hear people say they haven’t talked to their sibling(s) for years. In my mind I couldn’t imagine what would cause someone to feel this way. I have been blessed with a very loving and caring family and notably a twin sister whom I care about very much. There have been times when I’ve had disputes with her and we have said things that we apologize for but neither of us holds on to what the other might say when it is negative. When someone mistreats you it is easy to get mad or upset but then you have allowed them to control your emotions. It sounds a bit too good to be true but throughout the last few months if someone says something negative towards me I just immediately forgive them and move on and forget about it. The best way to stay positive about yourself is to only listen to positive things people tell you.
2) Forgive yourself for past mistakes. We all make mistakes so why should we ponder on them days, weeks, months, and years after they happen? Personally this one is the hardest for me because I don’t like to disappoint people but the older I have gotten the more I have realize you can’t please everyone. I had a hard time getting over a person that I had mistreated when I dated her. It took months for me to realize how much I had hurt her and once I realized this I was so mad at myself for what I had done. I could not forgive myself for the way I had acted because I knew she didn’t deserve the way I had treated her. We all make mistakes but I was never at peace with myself till I had forgiven myself for what I had done. Once I did this I felt a great sense of relief I knew the next time I would be better, I had learned from my mistake and I have put that behind me. We cannot move forward in our relationships and with our future till we let go of the past.
3) Don’t get caught up in rumors or gossip. This has always been an easier one for me mostly because guys don’t really gossip or start rumors. I believe this is an important one mostly because people are always wondering what others think about them but why? I personally have never really cared what others thought of me because i have nothing really for people to talk about (i don’t date much and i don’t sleep around so what else is there??) but don’t feed the fire when others bring up someone. For example if one of your friends is not talking highly of someone else it might be best to just change the subject. This makes it easier when you might have to talk to the person they’ve been gossiping about because you don’t have to pretend to be nice or anything like that because you haven’t said anything good or bad let the person prove who they are don’t let someone tell you what they might be like.
4) Give compliments. This is fairly easy especially to the people you care about. They should know how much you enjoy the things they do for you. Most of the time it makes you feel better too because they will brighten up or they might even give you a compliment back. This is something more people should do and it is basically effortless (you must be sincere though!!!) it doesn’t take much time and it can really impact another person’s day. Here comes the hard part giving compliments or being kind to people you might not particularly care for. You might ask, “Why should i do something nice for them?” or “That person is always rude to me they deserve to have a bad day just like me.” This might be true but you can’t fight fire with fire. In order to be the better person you have to rise higher than them and who knows they might change! A quote for Gandhi that i really like and pretty much sums up all of step four is, “An eye for eye and the whole world would be blind.”
5) Love yourself. This sounds easy but can be difficult especially if you feel like life is not working out how you would like. You must only allow positive thoughts when you think. Don’t allow negative thoughts of “I’m not good enough” or “i wonder if they even like me?” to resonate in your head. You have to be your own cheerleader. You should say i can do this, i am attractive, people do like me, i can be successful, i can make an impact on the world for the best. I also believe to be in a healthy relationship with someone whether it is a friendship or with a significant other you must love yourself and make yourself happy because they won’t always be able to. You might say well i have an awesome significant other they make me so happy i don’t know what i would do without them. That’s great but your happiness can’t be dependent on them or you’ll always want more from them and they can never give you the love that you can give to yourself. They will let you down (most of the time it isn’t on purpose they might not even realize it) but you have to say to yourself even though they let me down i forgive them and i still love them because i create my own happiness and love.
So my advice is stay happy, positive, and humble. Thanks for reading.